A client calls up his health-insurance agent and tells him he needs to file a claim.
The agent says “Tell me what happened?”
The client tells him and the agent says “I’m sorry but that’s not covered.”
The client says “well, let me explain better what happened.”
The agent says “I´m sorry but that´s not covered either.”
The client says” I´ll tell you what, you tell me what´s covered and I´ll tell you how it happened!”
Source: Insurance Jokes and Cartoons
US health insurance industry fraud statistics
According to the conservative estimates of The National Heath Care Anti-Fraud Association, the US health care frauds are currently amounting to a hefty $68 billion annual liability, which is roughly about 3 percent of the nation’s of $2.26 trillion, health care spending! Although most of the 50 states grant severe penalties of up to several years of prison term to convicted offenders, the fact remains that the healthcare insurers are heavily cheated due to such uncontrollable crime incidents.
Coalition Against Insurance Frauds tracks and reports news pertaining to health insurance frauds. One news-flash states that an Orange County woman was sentenced to jail for her role in a health-insurance claims scam where she submitted claims for unnecessary procedures and cheated the medical insurers to make a fortune. According to an
other news-flash, a Connecticut doctor has been booked for 3 months in jail followed by three years of prohibitive release for filing false insurance claims for evaluation and management services he did not perform.
This site indicates that bogus medical procedures claims, false billing, ID theft, or worker’s compensation frauds are some of the commonest fraud incidents that are literally cheating the American healthcare insurers out of millions of dollars. You will find even more alarming health-insurance fraud statistics in this Blue Cross Blue Shield site. The alarming fraud statistics warrant some proactive measures to be taken by the insurance industry to reduce insurance application frauds, claims processing frauds, and other related crimes.
Thanks to digital technologies, now the American healthcare insurers can rest easy knowing some highly effective and reliable solutions are available with simple point-and click interfaces. The live video chat technology has matured over the years, and now brings specific solutions to help prevent healthcare insurance frauds.
A Solution in Sight: Verishow’s Live Video Chat
Among many technological solutions available in the market to reduce insurance frauds, VeriShow’s Live Video Chat is certainly worth an honest review.
So, how can VeriShow technology help the healthcare insurance companies?
- Immediate identity verifications: The real-time (face-to-face) interactions in conjunction with instant document verifications with “content-sharing” can greatly reduce the scope of ID thefts during health-insurance application or claims processing.
- Remote healthcare for reduced insurance costs: Video chats are ideal for remote or “virtual” medial consultations, which brings down consultation fees besides affording the flexibility of contacting the medical fraternity anytime anyplace. For substantial cost advantages, video-chat based health systems are favored by most health insurers.
- Web RTC with video chat: The adoption of Web RTC now facilitates multimedia-enabled communications across browser platforms, for example, between Chrome and Firefox browsers without the need for special plug-ins. With an open-source technology, VeriShow’s Live Video Chat can deliver more enhanced communication capabilities.
- Continuous tracking of medical events: Health insurance companies, if they want, can track doctor’s visits, doctor services, specific in-patient hospitalization services to validate facts during claims processing.
- Increased efficiency of service: A single health-insurance agent can service multiple clients through concurrent chat sessions without losing track of each client’s requests. The sessions can be recorded for later reviewing.
- Increased customer satisfaction: The frustrated clients can get all their health-insurance queries answered, and jargons and necessary steps explained by a live human help through “co-browsing” technology.
Discover the hidden powers of VeriShow’s Live Video Chat, Co-Browsing, and Content-Sharing technologies.